Friday, September 14, 2012

I fly high like an Eagle

Most of us know that the Eagle represents nobility, power and freedom. It's keen vision goes above all the rest.  The Bible says "But those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles"  Isaiah 40:3                                                               When I was a little girl I remember watching this movie called "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock.  I was scared for many years of birds because I believed back then that everything I seen on television was real and there was nothing anyone could say to me to change my mind.                                           I'm an adult now and yes I still have a sense of anxiety of most birds especially buzzards, because they are so big and creepy and because I live in the country were armadillo's, possum's, and deer sometimes are killed on the side of the road and  I've see those big nasty birds eating dead meat!


I must tell you though, I love the Eagle although they are also big and eat dead meat, they are also striking and they fly above the rest.   They will even wait for the storm to come before it soars into the sky. The eagle has intense sight he can look down from above the clouds into the ocean and see his prey.  I want to be able in the same way to see my prey so that I am able to fly above the storms of life that can stop me from being road meat.                                                 I want the kind of vision that is above all rest it's a spiritual vision to be able to see what God's vision is for me, to me that will be flying above the storms of life above the clouds that can shed darkness into the vision of a person that doesn't fly like an eagle. The Steve Miller Band sings a song "Fly Like an Eagle" "I want to fly like an eagle To the sea fly like an eagle let my spirit carry me time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin in to the future

No comments:

Post a Comment