Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Slice Of My Lyfe

A Slice Of My Lyfe.

 I was born on May 26th 1966 in Denver Colorado.  The only girl in a all male family ..I have been the twinkle in everybody's eye.  I have no family memeber's in my age group that are female, so when I say the only girl I mean exactly that.  I grew up with my brother's and there best friend's and they're bestfriends brother's and also my cousin's and there friends and there friends friends all male!
My oldest brother wanted me to conduct myself as alady at all times and also to look smile and dress pretty.  He started paying me at age 7 too keep my toe nails painted pink and 40 years later he still pays me.  He said to me when I was 7 "if your toe nails are painted I will give you $20.00, of course my toe nails was not painted but I found a way to get those toes painted and collected my MONEY!
Everytime he got paid from that day foward he'd say Is yo' toe nail painted?" and of course they was and I got my money.
There was time when it was very difficult for me to have boyfriends because they had to be apporoved by so many different males in my life, most of the time they didn't last past meeting my brother's or one of there friend's the first time.
It wasn't until I moved to Texas that I had a normal relationships with males, I no longer had to run and hide or be scared that I would be embarrassed.
I do thank my brother's because I have set my standards high and I know what to look for in a husband.  I look for a man that Loves god respects his mother takes care of his kids, someone who can heklp me groe spiritually and emotionally a man that can really help me find the true defnition of LOVE.

6 comments:

  1. Denver - This is great. You write with a very unique voice. By that, I mean, I can hear your voice reading these words off the page. It sounds real. Good job. I look forward to reading more from you in the future.

    I like this story about your brothers, especially the part about the high standard they set for you concerning men. Just this morning, my wife and I met a young lady at Panera Bread Company that told us all about her daddy. You could tell this young lady loved and respected her daddy, and that she felt greatly loved and respected in return. As we left Panera, I said to my wife, "Any young man who comes into her life has a lot to live up to. That bar has been set." She laughed and agreed. I'm glad your story is similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr. Still you are a great Instructor! I appreciate you comment it put me in a happy space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Krystal we friends okaaay so next time you comment on my blog uhmm say more than this or we are going to have a water ballon fight out of this world!!!

      Delete