Friday, November 9, 2012

Defeat vs Acceptance

The similarities in these speeches is that they both said they love America, the both prayed for one another. It seemed as though Romney was surprised at being defeated but still sent his congratulations to President Obama. Obama said he looked forward to sitting down with Romney and working with him.
Obama is the better speaker and he is more successful with connecting to the audience he touched based with some key issues concerning Americas position and it's economic status.
The most important part that stood out to me was how he expressed his love for his wife and how she has made him into the man he is today. It effected me emotionally because he reminds me of my husband thanking me for being who I am so that he is whom he is.  It reminded me of the wedding vows speech he made to me on our 19th weeding anniversary this year on the 28th of October.
This was the first speech I seen and heard Romney give I wasn't impressed but I was pleased to hear him say that he would pray for the President.
I have seen two speeches prior to the one in class and each time I have been impressed with how well the President speakers and how he is able to affect his audience of all ages because he never leaves anyone out and he touches every important issue in each speech.
Although I am not politically involved I voted because it was important that I make my mark in History again.  I have never understood how important the African American vote is until Barack Obama first announced he was running for President.  I value his humbleness and his honesty and hope to one day be a great speaker as he is.
To progress is to move forward and I believe that we can move forward with President Obama and he will now beable to prove to America what a Great President he is.
I am optimistic about how fast things will change but I do trust the President and I pray that he does better than what most people expect I pray that he goes above and beyond all expectations of othaers and that he allows God to guide him through the most difficult and troublesome issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment